NEW! For higher demands:
Encapsulated o-rings are used when the chemical resistance of elastomers is no longer sufficient. The FEP, PFA or PTFE coating can then be used to protect the core from damages while still retaining elasticity.
Seamless encapsulated o-rings can be installed in the same grooves as the elastomer counterparts.
Encapsulated o-rings are hence used universally and achieve long service lives in applications with harsh chemical enviroments.
These state of the art sealing elements are ideal for sealing corrosive and hot gaseous, liquid or solid substances in chemical, biomedical, paper, food, electronics, electroplating, water treatment and many other industries.
Typical applications for encapsulated o-rings are pumps, armatures, centrifuges, mechanical seals and many more.
Flat gaskets can also be encapsulated with PTFE, PFA or FEP without any problems.
Guideline Inner Diameter
PTFE Encapsulated O-Rings
The PTFE encapsulation gives the O-ring significant tensile strength, elongation and buckling resistance as well as a low coefficient of friction. In addition, the temperature range is massively expanded. The PTFE encapsulation enables a clear increase in properties compared to FEP or PFA encapsulated O-rings. It is particularly suitable for customers who have problems with reuse or who generally expect a longer life of the sealing material. An additional plus point is the FDA-certification, which is made possible by the PTFE material.
- Very good chemical resistance and can be used in the pharmaceutical and food industries without any problems
- FDA certified
- Only suited for static applications.
- Low cold flexibility.
- vacuum applications
- Low pollution applications
- high temperature operation
- UHV pressure applications
- Superior chemical resistance
- Superior tensile strength
- Superior stretch
- Superior folding strength
- Higher maximum temperature capability compared to FEP
- Superior PTFE O-rings that have assembly problems due to lack of elasticity
- Very low coefficient of friction (6 times lower than FEP-PFA)
- Very low permeability
- Homogeneous surface
- Available in standard DIN and ANSI dimensions
- Cost savings