Round Cords are a popular choice for sealing, insulating, and soundproofing. The versatile cords are used for window joints, bathroom and kitchen areas, or for example in ship and model construction. In a more industrial setting they are also used as shock absorbers, and can be vulcanised to endless rings to fit different applications.
Another benefit of round cords is their availability in numerous thicknesses with many different inner diameters. To ensure optimal insulation performance, one should make sure that the cord diameter is as large as possible.
Round cord is sold by the metre and cut to size on site, by the end customer, to fit the application at hand before inserting it into the groove.
They are available in solid rubber and sponge/foam rubber qualities.
- Good swelling resistance to mineral oils, grease and diesel fuels.
- Low gas diffusion.
- Insufficient weather and ozone resistance.
- Requires special protective agents.
- Excellent resistance to chemicals and mineral oils.
- High heat resistance.
- Lowest permeability rates for most gases.
- Not resistant to polar solvents.
- High resistance to ozone, heat, hot water and alkaline and acidic solutions.
- Resistant to polar solvents.
- Not mineral oil resistant.
- Excellent resistance to heat and cold.
- Excellent ozone resistance.
- High electrical resistance.
- Low resistance to gas diffusion.
- Average mechanical properties.